LakeFront Data Joins First Derivatives Group
LakeFront Data is a boutique trusted data management firm combining advisory, consulting, premier industry thought leadership, subject matter talent, solutions, strategic advice and independent opinion.
Services / Practise areas:
- EDM Capability Assessments including technology
- Data Management Vendor Solutions (Software, Content, etc)
- Managed Data Services Strategy
- Architecture / Data Models
- Governance, Operating Models and Organizational Structure
- Assessment of current enterprise data management technology state to meet emerging new business needs for reference and pricing data. Recommendations & deliverables included the design & implementation of a Data Management Office (DMO), a security master data architecture and a core foundation data platform utilizating a new generation of SOA-based technology platform
- Evaluation of data management capabilities of a major pension plan across technology, business agility and organization structure. Deliverables included a detailed Enterprise Data program roadmap, temporary on-site EDM leadership, creation of a DMO (with job descriptions), technology roadmap for future and assistance with implementation / project management of a new generation of technology platform supported by a buy vs build analysis
- Advisor to a primary consulting firm establishing a new offering as a global vendor of managed data services. LakeFront provided business analysis, product management, executive advisory and hands-on assistance with strategy, analysis, project execution
- Assessment of Managed Risk Data Services and development of new products and services
- Overall EIM/enterprise data management strategy for a major Wall Street investment bank across all divisions. LakeFront provided vision, business alignment strategy, roadmap, product management data management approach, various business cases, numerous business analysis sub-projects, workflow documentation and detailed enterprise system mapping.
- Investigation of models for a “data business” that would grow revenues and/or provide other strategic benefit to a major transaction services utility. Assessed viability of the opportunities and proposed a business roadmap to monetize opportunities
- Evaluation of Managed Data Services vendors/providers for a U.S. based asset management firm, using a framework and criteria that was summarized and categorized to highlight strengths and weaknesses of the MDS providers ranked to support the selection process.